Contains 120 softgels
Optimized Omega Formula
Optimized Omega Formula
Recent research indicates that the omega-3 essential fatty acids found in fish oil may be able to ease certain types of chronic pain. In these studies, research subjects with chronic pain who took 1,200 to 2,400 milligrams of omega-3 supplements daily were able to reduce or eliminate their dependence on nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, or NSAIDs, in less than three months. Fish oil supplements in the natural Triglyceride (TG) form offer numerous advantages over those in the Ethyl Ester (EE) form: TG oils are safe to consume, natural, offer increased absorption, and are significantly more stable.Most available fish oil products are in the processed, EE state as it is much more expensive to provide fish oil formulas in the natural, TG state. Optimized Omega Formula delivers fish oils in the form found in nature, consistent with Paleolithic nutritional philosophy. Our fish oil blend has unmatched TG potency, and is 90 to 100% triglyceride (TG) bound omega-3 fish oils – 40 to 50% higher than the TG fish oil concentrate industry standards.
Fish Oil and Pain Management
- TG fish oil has been shown to lessen the intensity of joint pain
- Helps alleviate stiffness common in rheumatoid arthritis
- Relieves neck and back pain
- Reduces pain caused by inflammatory bowel disease
- Lessens menstrual cramp pain
- Lowers inflammation
- Can reduce dependence on NSAIDs
Why Are Triglyceride (TG) Fish Oils Better Than EEs?
While EEs are a less-expensive source of omega-3 fatty acids, research confirms that they are not as beneficial as TGs, and questions remain as to their potential toxicity. While some countries have banned the sale of EEs, the US, Canada, and the UK allow the sale of the EE form without requiring additional labeling.
- TG fish oils are the naturally occurring form in foods and in the body
- Research shows TG fish oils are up to 100% more bioavailable
- Easier to assimilate for patients with digestion or absorption issues
- Safe for those who must avoid ingestion of alcohol — no post digestion production of alcohol in the gut or blood stream
- Less likely to raise blood glucose, as it is not susceptible to increasing free fatty acids in the blood
- EE fish oils have a much greater resistance to digestive enzymes than TG fish oils, one of the causative factors for poor bioavailability.
- Existing literature provides evidence suggesting that the natural TG form of omega-3 fatty acids are more efficiently digested and incorporate into plasma lipids more readily than the EE form.
- Recent studies show that EE fish oils are much less stable than those in the natural Omega-3 TG form, making them more prone to oxidation. EE DHA oil decays 33% more rapidly than the natural TG fish oil form, as their monoglycerides were shown to be more readily oxidized compared to oils in the triglyceride form.
- Research suggests that individuals suffering from health conditions related to excessive oxidative stress should only consume the TG form of fish oil.
Featured Omega 3 Fatty Acids Ingredients: EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid), DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid),
Other Omega-3 Fatty Acids