Contains 120 vegetarian capsules
Joint and Disc Support Formula
Joint and Disc Support Formula
Ideal nutritional support for joints, discs and your spine, this unique formula provides joints with the nutrition they need to repair, lubricate, reduce fluid buildup leading to swelling, support free movement, and function at peak levels.
Joint and Disc Support Formula contains a comprehensive formula in addition to our revolutionary Tissue Regeneration Factor (TRF). TRF works synergistically with glucosamine sulfate to make Joint and Disc Support Formula an ideal choice for cartilage deterioration and long term injury support.
The four most common destructive processes that impair connective tissue health are:
- Inflammation – often caused by excessive joint wear and tear, and/or low body stores of anti-inflammatory fatty acids and/or an excess of inflammatory acids. Oxidative stress inflammation caused by infections, poor diet, oxidized fats and toxic metals can be significantly reduced by consuming dietary antioxidants and essential minerals that support the body’s own antioxidant enzymes.
- Autoimmune conditions – common joint related autoimmune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus have been shown to benefit from nutrients such as niacinamide, NAC, and type II collagen, all found in Joint and Disc Support Formula.
- Catabolic factors – excessive stress hormone production or steroid treatments such as cortisone can have a devastating effect on the body’s ability to form collagen, a major component of cartilage, tendons and ligaments.
Joint and Disc Support Formula Benefits:
- Designed to reduce pain due to inflammation, oxidative stress and injury.
- Gives the body the essential building blocks and nutrients for joint and disc repair.
- Reduces free radicals and inflammation, lessening wear and tear on joints and between spinal vertebrae.
- Reduces the potential for the body to attack its own joint tissue.
- Supports collagen synthesis to promote the continuous repair of joints and tissues
Tissue Regeneration Factor– a bone-derived complex containing collagen and biologically active proteins known as Body/Bone Morphogenetic Proteins (BMPs). BMPs activate the cartilage-forming process necessary for joint integrity and regeneration. They also exert an anti-inflammatory effect, help to suppress major inflammatory cytokines, restore joint and cartilage homeostasis, and help to alleviate pain.
New Zealand Green Lipped Mussel (Perna canaliculus) – standardized for anti-inflammatory activity. This purified mussel extract has been shown to suppress carageenan-induced edema as well as to protect the stomach from NSAID damage.
GlycoMarineTM – the only mussel extract product manufactured using a unique and proprietary process that utilizes freeze-drying to preserve and stabilize the product. 30 years of independent laboratory research back GlycoMarineTM as the only proven bioactive New Zealand green lipped mussel extract with gastroprotective and chondroprotective qualities.
Glucosamine Sulfate – stimulates the formation of joint-building proteoglycans, important precursors for the continuous repair of joint and spine cartilage, ligaments, and tendons.
CMO – Cetyl Myristoleate – cetylated fatty acids formulated for ready absorption in the gastrointestinal tract. Research studies show that patients with osteoarthritis had marked improvement in knee function when given CMO.
Hyaluronic Acid – distributed widely throughout epithelial, connective and neural tissues, it functions as an important inflammatory moderator, and can protect against free-radical damage to cells, possibly due to its free-radical scavenging properties. It is commonly used to treat osteoarthritis of the knee and is believed to supplement the viscosity of the joint fluid, lubricate and cushion the joint, which results in an analgesic effect
Undenatured Collagen Type II – Type II collagen is the predominant collagen found in cartilage. Studies have shown that supplementing with undenatured type II collagen is effective in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, and preliminary trials have shown it to be effective in treating osteoarthritis.
Zinc, copper, and manganese – minerals chelated to amino acids by the patented Albion method, maximizing their absorption and eliminating side effects. Zinc plays an integral role in regulating gene expression, which impacts body functions including cell division, metabolism and immune function. Copper and manganese are involved in multiple physiological processes including respiration, metabolism, antioxidant activities, and collagen formation.
Selenium – important in regulating metabolism and components of antioxidant and immune systems. Selenium is an antioxidant that may help treat arthritis by fighting free radicals that damage tissues and lead to inflammation.
Boswellia and turmeric – herbal extracts that have been standardized for their active ingredients and shown to support healthy inflammatory response and reduce inflammation through many mechanisms.